Parable of the Mustard Seed
One day, Jesus was out walking with his friends. He told them:
“The Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed, which a person took and planted in a field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree so that birds come and perch in its branches.”
- I wonder what words or pictures I can think of that describe a mustard seed?
- I wonder what happens to a mustard seed when it gets planted in dirt and gets water and sunlight?
- I wonder what happens to the seed when it stops growing?
- I wonder if the person could take the tree that grew and push it all back down inside the seed?
- I wonder what happens to a big field when lots of seeds are planted?
- I wonder if the birds were happy to find a tree to put their nests in?