One day, Jesus was out walking with his friends. He told them:
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all the house. Let your light so shine before all people, that they may see your good works and give glory to God.”
Did you know…
- In the beginning, after God created the heavens and the earth, the very next thing he did was create light.
- Every plant on earth needs light to live and grow.
- When light strikes a surface it can be reflected, transmitted, absorbed, or a combination of all three.
- Light is a wave of energy that travels incredibly fast: 186,000 miles per second! That’s about 7 1/2 times around the world—in one second!
- If nothing gets in its way, a wave of light will travel forever.
- I wonder what the earth would be like without light?
- I wonder what happens to the light when one candle is used to light another candle.
- I wonder what happens to the light when the candle is covered up?
- I wonder why we light candles in church?
- I wonder what ways I am the light of the world?