O God, your unfailing providence sustains the world we live in and the life we live: Watch over those, both night and day, who work while others sleep, and grant that we may never forget that our common life depends upon each other’s toil; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Saint Mark’s is proud to be a community where “all are welcome – no exceptions” and we want to provide a safe environment that considers the health and well-being of our parishioners and guests. Accordingly, Saint Mark’s requires the following:
On Campus – Indoors
- Masking is respectfully requested for all individuals (vaccinated and unvaccinated) over 2 years of age during Sunday worship services and large gatherings.
- At all other times, masking is optional for those who are fully vaccinated and respectfully requested for those who are unvaccinated.
- Congregational singing is permitted indoors through masks (vaccinated and unvaccinated alike). If you wish to attend worship in person while remaining distanced from congregational singing, please notify an usher or vestry member when you arrive and you will be directed to alternate seating where you can view the service and receive communion.
- Seating only in designated spots and only members of the same household may sit adjacently.
- All attendees must complete a sign-in form (available at inside the doors of the main entrance and kitchen entrance).
- All special events/gatherings must be pre-approved by either the Clergy, Wardens, or Director of Music.
On Campus – Outdoors
- Masking is optional for fully vaccinated individuals and recommended for unvaccinated individuals over 2 years of age while outdoors.
- Parish Life activities (such as Coffee Hour and Supper Group) are strongly encouraged to convene outdoors.
As a parish family we will continue to support and stay in community with one another through times of trouble and in times of celebration, and we encourage those who may be unable to attend in person by providing remote access to Worship services (livestream and on demand) and Parish Life activities (via Zoom) through the Saint Mark’s Parish Calendar.
The diocese continues to vigorously promote vaccination, as well as hand washing, good ventilation, and outdoor gathering as much as possible.
In determining our gathering and distancing protocols, the clergy and wardens, with guidance from the Diocese and Saint Mark’s Open Hearts, Open Doors Task Force, make choices that consider both the physical and spiritual health of our Saint Mark’s family. We are not alone. Leaders in our world, our nation, and our city are trying to figure out how to stay open and gather in community, while at the same time, observe protocols to keep each other safe.
Determining Saint Mark’s Status for In-Person Gathering is an ongoing, deliberative process founded on guidance from the CDC, Ohio and Franklin County Departments of Health, the Diocese of Southern Ohio’s Updated Guidelines for Public Worship, as well as our own comfort level as good stewards of the health and well-being of our local parish membership and staff.
This page will be continually reviewed and updated as guidelines change and the pandemic evolves.
Open Hearts, Open Doors Task Force
Dot Yeager, Chair
Chris Thompson, Clergy chair
Matt Bester, Worship, Music & Technology
Mark Drew, Technology & Microbiology
Anne Getz, (consulting), Lay Liturgical Participation
Phil Glandon, Treasurer
Jim Keyes, Communications & Technology
William Mayr, Communications and Campus Environment
George Reed, Technology
Bill Silliman, Worship & Lay Liturgical Participation
Laura Skoracki, Formation & Lay Liturgical Participation
Sam Slee, Worship & Technology
Gloria Wylie, Lay Liturgical Participation
Please feel free to contact any member with suggestions or concerns you may have, or to volunteer as we facilitate our new common environments.
Page Updated: 6/4/21