O God, your unfailing providence sustains the world we live in and the life we live: Watch over those, both night and day, who work while others sleep, and grant that we may never forget that our common life depends upon each other’s toil; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Current Status for Saint Mark’s Weekly Gatherings
The Holy Eucharist, Rite I
The Holy Eucharist, Rite II
In Person and Livestreamed
Saint Mark’s is proud to be a community where “all are welcome – no exceptions” and we want to provide a safe environment that considers the health and well-being of our parishioners and guests.
As the COVID-19 pandemic infections continue to trend downward in the Diocese of Southern Ohio, new recommendations have been made regarding COVID protocols while on campus at Saint Mark’s as follows:
- Indoors: Masking is optional for those who are fully vaccinated and required for those who are unvaccinated while indoors.
- Outdoors: Masking is optional for all individuals (vaccinated and unvaccinated) while outdoors.
- Full communion with common cup by intinction (dipping the wafer into the cup) is permitted.
- Congregational singing is permitted. Masking while singing indoors is optional for those who are fully vaccinated and required for those who are unvaccinated.
- The parish has returned to full capacity. If you wish to attend indoor worship in person while remaining distanced, please notify an usher or vestry member when you arrive and you will be directed to alternate seating.
- Passing of the collection plate during the offertory is permitted.
- All attendees must complete a sign-in form (available at inside the doors of the main entrance and kitchen entrance).
Gatherings and receptions
- Large gatherings and special events are permitted with prior approval from clergy, wardens, or director of music.
As a parish family we will continue to support one another in times of trouble and in times of celebration. We encourage those who may be unable to attend in person to access worship services and Parish Life activities remotely. Links for Livestream and On Demand services and Zoom are available on the Parish Calendar.
The diocese continues to vigorously promote vaccination, as well as hand washing, good ventilation, and outdoor gathering as much as possible.
In determining our gathering and distancing protocols, the clergy and wardens, with guidance from the Diocese and Saint Mark’s Open Hearts, Open Doors Task Force, make choices that consider both the physical and spiritual health of our Saint Mark’s family. We are not alone. Leaders in our world, our nation, and our city work to create policies that allow for gathering in community while observing protocols that keep each other safe.
Determining Saint Mark’s Status for In-Person Gathering is an ongoing, deliberative process founded on guidance from the CDC, Ohio and Franklin County Departments of Health, the Diocese of Southern Ohio’s Updated Guidelines for Public Worship, as well as our own comfort level as good stewards of the health and well-being of our local parish membership and staff.
This page will be continually reviewed and updated as guidelines change and the pandemic evolves.
Open Hearts, Open Doors Task Force
Dot Yeager, Chair
Chris Thompson, Clergy chair
Matt Bester, Worship, Music & Technology
Mark Drew, Technology & Microbiology
Anne Getz, (consulting), Lay Liturgical Participation
Phil Glandon, Treasurer
Jim Keyes, Communications & Technology
William Mayr, Communications and Campus Environment
George Reed, Technology
Bill Silliman, Worship & Lay Liturgical Participation
Laura Skoracki, Formation & Lay Liturgical Participation
Sam Slee, Worship & Technology
Gloria Wylie, Lay Liturgical Participation
Please feel free to contact any member with suggestions or concerns you may have, or to volunteer as we facilitate our new common environments.
Page Updated: 7/2/21